Assisting Local Response to Hazardous Materials and WMD incidents
The Office of Emergency Services Division of Hazmat/WMD assists local response agencies Fire/Police and EMS with response and recovery for incidents involving hazardous materials or WMD in Clinton County. The Hazmat/WMD Response Team also functions as part of a large Regional Hazmat/WMD Response Consortium with Franklin, Essex, Washington and Warren Counties.
- Provides technical and administrative support for Hazmat/WMD issues to Fire, Police and EMS agencies.
- Maintains a robust inventory of PPE, Decontamination, metering and containment equipment and supplies for use during response within our county and region.
- Administers training programs and conducts exercises relative to Hazmat/WMD for team members as well as all local first responders.
- Maintains fit testing equipment for use by team members and first response partners in order to maintain compliance with OSHA standards.
- Administers County CEMP annex for Hazmat/WMD response.
- Serves as information resource to governmental and local agencies regarding Hazardous Materials response.
- Responsible for staffing Hazmat/WMD liaison positions at the county Emergency Operations Center (EOC).